The Edmonton Bar Association ("EBA") is a non-profit society formed in 1986.
The EBA's stated objects are to "consider, discuss and take action in respect of all matters pertaining to the practice of law, the legal profession and the administration of justice in the City of Edmonton."
To further these objects, the EBA undertakes a wide range of activities, including:
- Distinguished Service Award to honour exceptional service to our legal community
- Eileen Nash Memorial Award (in conjunction with the Edmonton Community Foundation) to honour pro-bono work by a member of our legal community.
- Inns of Court Dinners (in conjunction with the Alberta Branch of the Canadian Bar Association) that bring young lawyers together with Judges and senior lawyers.
- Oral History Project (in conjunction with the Legal Archives Society of Alberta) to record the stories of senior members of the legal community.
- Scholarships for law students enrolled at the University of Alberta.
- Annual Christmas Party and Golf Tournament for our legal community.
- Annual Judges' Dinner honouring newly appointed and retiring members of our judiciary.